Can you have a major in either biology or sociology to become a pediatric nurse practitioner?
Question by Brianna: Can you have a major in either biology or sociology to become a pediatric nurse practitioner?
My dream is to become a pediatric nurse practitioner but certain schools don’t offer nursing as a major for undergraduate degrees. So if i get a major in biology or sociology can that help me become a pediatric nurse practitioner?
Answer by JL
Nope. You need to become an RN first, which requires a degree in nursing, either an Associates degree or a BSN, depending on your state. Then you go for the MSN or DNP to become a nurse practitioner.
You will need to attend a school that offers a degree in nursing.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- What can i major in (excl. nursing) during college if i want to become a pediatric nurse practitioner?
- How to become a nurse with a Bachelor degree in Sociology?
- Can I go to Nursing school or medical school if I majored in biology in college and have a degree in biology?
- How to I become a pediatric nurse, starting from a community college before transferring?
- How could I be a nurse without a nursing major?