How could I become a registered nurse? How many years in school? and what prerequisites do i need?
Question by jane: How could I become a registered nurse? How many years in school? and what prerequisites do i need?
I am a 24 year old female and i am looking to become a RN. I only have one year of college under my belt. I did some research/and heard from people that i can go to a nurse technical school and thats for about one year only(usually at community colleges). Is that to become an RN? If not, what type of nurse is that and what degree would i have/what would i be doing in the field?
Answer by April
My friend has just started a nursing course at university. She is only 18 and says that the majority of people training to become a nurse are 30+.
Its never too late to apply for university. She failed her A levels (British qualifications taken ages 16-18), but has a GCSE in biology (Taken at age 16). So go for it, apply.
Her course is taking 3 years. I am not sure what degreee she is getting at the end. I think she will end up nursing elderly people.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- How many years of education are required to become a nurse? Different kinds of nurses?
- How to I become a pediatric nurse, starting from a community college before transferring?
- What exactly is the best way to become a Registered Nurse?
- Q&A: Do you have to go through civilian nursing school before you can become a military nurse?
- What actually need to do associated registered nurse in the hospital if hired?