How to become a nurse with a Bachelor degree in Sociology?
Question by shelly39280: How to become a nurse with a Bachelor degree in Sociology?
I’m thinking about becoming a nurse (RN), but was wondering what kind of education is needed? I have a Bachelor in Sociology. I’m not sure what area specifically I’d like to work in but somewhere along the lines of the ER or in the pediatrics department of the hospital. Does my Sociology degree give me a step up or do I have to start all over and get a BA in nursing?
Answer by Inquisitive
Sorry, but you need that BS in nursing to become an official nurse. There are some nursing programs out there, like CNA (certified nursing assistant), etc. But yeah… go back to school. I’m sure that most of the requirements for your sociology degree would satisfy the nursing degree, so you’re probably looking at an additional 2 years of schooling. CNA certificates take usually less than 6 mos.
What do you think? Answer below!
- how long does it usually take for a college nursing student to graduate with a bachelor degree?
- Q&A: How does a new US citizen from Philippines become a nurse or RN with a 4 year nurse degree?
- What degree do you have to get to be a registered nurse?
- Q&A: How much more education would it take for a nurse to become a teacher?
- Is getting a masters degree in nursing to be a nurse practitioner as challenging as earning a bachelor’s degr?