Should I take Nursing in college, or should i choose another major, to best prepare me for Med school?
Question by ozzy: Should I take Nursing in college, or should i choose another major, to best prepare me for Med school?
so im about to graduate High school and im applying to ut austin and ut arlington in texas, I want to know want is the best choice i should pick to prepare me the best for medical school because that is what i want to pursuit after college, I understand u can major in whatever to apply to med school but some people say i should get into nursing then go to med school and others say to get into premed or major in biology, unfortunately UT Arlington doesnt offer premed or i believe it doesnt because it didnt offer it to me, so please please help, i am kinda lost…Or explain to me the best path to get to med school…..thx
so pre med can include, like major in biology…or something like that..
Answer by Alex
You shouldn’t do nursing. Nursing does not include many of the pre-med classes and includes few open electives where you’ll be able to take them.
You can do pre-med anywhere, it’s just basic science classes.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- What must you major in, in college, in order to prepare for a career in nursing?
- Q&A: can i choose pre nursing as a major for my freshman year of college?
- Is it possible to major in nursing as an undergraduate in college and then go to medical school?
- What can I do to prepare for college and nursing school?
- Q&A: What college books will I need as a nursing major?