What is a nurse practitioner and why would I chose them over my doctor?
Question by Angel: What is a nurse practitioner and why would I chose them over my doctor?
I can get in faster at my doctors office if I chose to see their nurse practitioner instead of my doctor. However I’ve seen two of them (over the course of my seeing this doctor) and they’ve usually been so bad I had to go see my doctor later on to fix it. So what exactly do they do?
Answer by Poof
Well they aren’t doctors, but can prescribe medications. They are RN’s who went on and got an advanced nursing degree. Some are required to work under another doctor, but I think in some areas they can open their own practice.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- What is the difference between a nurse with a PHD and a Medical Doctor?
- Q&A: What is required to become a nurse practitioner?
- What’s the difference between RN and nurse practitioner?
- What is a Certified Nurse Anesthetist and what is the difference between it and an Anestigiologist doctor?
- What does a Nurse Practitioner do and what are the requirements?